Call for Papers: TNANO Special Section on NANO 2022
The nanotechnology revolution is founded upon the understanding of phenomena occurring at the nanoscale and the ability to fabricate and manipulate nanomaterials and nanodevices for practical applications. Researchers are contributing new ideas from a wide range of disciplines, including materials science, biology, biomedicine, engineering, physics, and chemistry. To make interesting research presented at the 22nd IEEE International Conference on Nanotechnology (IEEE NANO 2022) widely available, in expanded form and in one publication, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology (TNANO) is extending a Call for Papers for a Special Section reflecting the scope of the conference. Submitted manuscripts will undergo a full peer review process. Submissions are welcome, and all interested NANO 2022 participants are encouraged to submit. Authors who were attendees are requested to significantly expand the previous conference version to contain substantial new technical material (containing at least 40% but preferably 50% new material), as per TNANO and IEEE restrictions on duplicated publications and the competitive acceptance process.
Submissions that reflect the Conference Scope and current state of the field are welcome in areas including but not limited to:
- Energy Conversion: Thermoelectrics and Solar Technologies
- Energy Storage
- Nanosensors and Nanoactuators
- Nanoscale Science: Characterization and Modeling
- Nanofabrication and Quantum Engineering
- Stretchable and Wearable Electronics
- 2D Materials
- Nanotechnology for Humanitarian and Peace Engineering
- Sustainable Electronics: Disassembling, Recycling and Eco-Design
Manuscripts for the TNANO Special Issue/Section must be submitted on-line using the IEEE TNANO manuscript template. Follow the guideline (Author Info – IEEE TNANO), and submit your paper to ScholarOne Manuscripts at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tnano, indicating in the cover letter that you wish the paper to be considered for “IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology (TNANO) Special Section on the “22nd IEEE International Conference on Nanotechnology (IEEE NANO 2022)” but also providing all the requested info related with the substantial new technical material included in the submitted manuscript when compared with the conference article. Please note that the type of submissions is Regular Manuscripts, i.e., 4 to 6 pages in the two-column IEEE format, which includes figures, tables, and references. On submission to TNANO, authors should select the “Special Issue” manuscript type instead of “Regular Paper”.
Manuscripts will be subject to the standard competitive and constructive peer-review TNANO criteria with no article publishing charges. Accepted papers are published on the web in IEEE Xplore as soon as they are submitted in final form. Web-published papers have a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and are fully citable and downloadable.
- Submission deadline: January 31, 2023,
- First decision (accept/reject/revise): March 1, 2023
- Revised papers submission: April 1, 2023
- Final decision: April 30, 2023
- Prof. Fabrizio Lombardi Northeastern University, Boston, MA, USA
- Prof. Antonio Rubio, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Prof. Georgios Ch. Sirakoulis, Democritus University of Thrace, Xanthi, Greece
Responsible T-NANO Senior Editor: Sorin Cotofana