The IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology (TNANO) focuses on nanoscale devices, systems, materials and applications, and on their underlying science. It is an interdisciplinary journal that covers all areas of nanotechnology. TNANO is a publication of the IEEE Nanotechnology Council.
The hardcopy version is published bi-monthly, but accepted papers are published on the web as soon as they are submitted in final form. TNANO is a Hybrid Journal, which means that it allows either Traditional manuscript submission or Open Access (author-pays OA) manuscript submission at a discounted rate.
TNANO publishes Research Letters and Regular Papers. Research Letters must not exceed four printed pages. They are subject to the same thorough review process as Regular Papers, but receive priority treatment. A Research Letter that is accepted without major revisions is expected to be published on the web within 4 to 6 weeks of its initial submission.
Areas covered by TNANO include, but are not limited to:
- Nano and Molecular Electronics
- Circuits and Architectures
- Nanomagnetism and Spintronics
- Nano-Optics, Nano-Optoelectronics and Nanophotonics
- Nanorobotics and Nanoassembly
- Nanosensors and Nanoactuators
- Nanomechanics and Nanoelectromechanical Systems
- Nanobiotechnology and Nanomedicine
- Nanofabrication and Nanolithography
- Nanometrology and Characterization
- Computational Nanotechnology