Following the successful IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Nanoscale Architecture (NANOARCH 2021), we have decided to put together a dedicated special section of TNANO, whose goal is to continue NANOARCH’s mission to promote cross-disciplinary research work and to seek inspiration to address the challenges of integrated nanoscale electronic systems. The section scope incorporates several exciting areas on emerging computing paradigms (e.g., approximate, stochastic, quantum, neuromorphic, molecular, spintronic), novel nanoscale computing architectures, 2D material-based (e.g., graphene) nanoelectronics and computing architectures, beyond charge-based computing, emerging memory devices and in-memory computing, and nanoelectronics for biomedical systems.
We invite potential authors to submit Regular Papers as per the TNANO requirements in the area of nanocomputing, nanofabrication, and emerging nanosystem applications. Relevant topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Nanoelectronic circuits, nanofabrics, and nanocomputing architectures.
- Future and emerging computing paradigms, e.g., approximate, stochastic, quantum, neuromorphic, molecular, spintronic.
- Emerging memory nano-devices and in memory computing architectures.
- Low-dimensional material based nanoelectronic technology, circuits and systems.
- Defect/fault tolerant architecture, integration, and manufacturing.
- Security architectures with nanofabrics.
- Architecture, integration, and manufacturing of 3D IC and hybrid IC.
- Nanodevice and nanocircuit models, methodologies and computer aided design tools.
- Fundamental limits of computing at the nanoscale.
- Novel nanodevices and manufacturing/integration ideas with innovations/focus on nanoarchitectures.
Manuscripts for the TNANO Special Section must be submitted on-line using the IEEE TNANO manuscript template. Follow the guidelines (https://tnano.org/), and submit your paper to ScholarOne Manuscripts at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tnano, indicating in the cover letter that you wish the paper to be considered for “IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology (TNANO) Special Section on the “Nanoscale Architectures Symposium (NANOARCH 2021)”. Please note that the type of submissions is Regular Manuscripts, i.e., 4 to 6 pages in the two-column IEEE format, which includes figures, tables, and references. On submission to TNANO, authors should select the “Special Issue” manuscript type instead of “Regular Paper.”
Manuscripts will be subject to the standard competitive and constructive peer-review TNANO criteria with no article publishing charges. Accepted papers are published on the web in IEEE Xplore as soon as they are submitted in final form. Web-published papers have a DOI (Digital Object Identifier), and are fully citable and downloadable.
- Submission deadline: April 30th, 2022
- First decision (accept/reject/revise): June 15th, 2022
- Revised papers submission: July 31st, 2022
- Final decision: August 31st, 2022
- Prof. Vincent Gaudet, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- Prof. Naoya Onizawa, Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Tohoku University, Japan
- Prof. Jianlei Yang, School of Computer Science and Engineering, Beihang University, Beijing, China
Responsible T-NANO Senior Editor: Prof. Sorin Cotofana